Research has shown that implementing software tools to manage printing can reduce paper usage by up to 20%.
Device Management Software
Applications that facilitate proactive monitoring of devices within the print fleet (i.e. toner low alerts, maintenance required, page counts, etc.)
Print Management Software
Applications that facilitate the management of users by means of rules-based printing, such as default mono / double-sided printing. This will also facilitate a follow-me solution, where a user can authenticate at any device on any site.
Obtaining Page Counts and Monitoring Device Volumes:
- Phone calls from vendors to take readings from machines and send through to them for billing to take place.
- Estimate billing if no page counts are provided / obtained.
- No visibility on volumes of the below items:
- Functions such as copy volumes, scanning volumes, fax volumes
- Paper types – information on A4 / A5 / A3 volumes printed
- Total pages printed vs life of the device.
No Proactive Device Status Monitoring for Supply Before Consumables Run Out:
- No software deployed to pre-empt when toner will run out to order stock before device goes down.
- No software to identify any parts or consumables that will need replacement before they fail.
- Downtime within the business is high, due to no proactive asset monitoring.
No Visibility for User Management and Cost Recovery Purposes:
- Multiple departments use the same print device, which makes departmental cost allocations difficult.
- No data to identify and address user abuse.
- Software not used optimally to ensure print jobs are forced to mono / duplex.
- No control and management of quotas / print jobs re-routed, etc.
Custom Software Solutions
What differentiates Green Office in this service, is our brand agnostic approach. We can deploy and support a software solution in a multi-vendor / branded environment.
Printing makes up a significant part of an organisation’s environmental footprint and one of the key ways a business can improve their sustainability is to prevent unnecessary wastage. To assist businesses in achieving this, Green Office has partnered with industry leading technology ensuring that a business’s print environment is more efficiently managed, cutting both the cost and wastage associated with unmanaged printing.
GoTech is a monitoring and reporting application for print equipment which provides:
- Live reporting on the status of all networked devices.
- Ability to quickly identify and remedy issues.
- Reduction in downtime and wastage.
- Increased productivity.
- Supply status monitoring using a printer’s own behaviour to define when a supply will run out.
- Smart data access such as: coverage rate, equipment consumption, usage history, etc.
- USB device monitoring ensuring collection of data over entire print fleet.
- Reduces downtime & customer interaction through proactive replenishment of supplies.
- Track and manage all activity on your multi-functional devices (print, copy, scan, fax)
- Find-me printing where users can walk up and collect print jobs at any device.
- Secure release to ensure that sensitive documents are not printed until the user is there to collect them.
- Report usage and costs per page, by user, device and function.
- Enforce responsible use with rules, limits and auto-notifications.
What our clients have to say about our Print Management Software Solutions
Green Office simply makes Managed Print Services a far less painful experience from what the industry standard is.Christi De Vos - ICT ManagerStefanutti Stocks Construction & Mining Business Unit
We use Green Office because of their efficient service and the reliable advice received.Susan Rossouw - BursarWaterkloof House Preparatory School
Green Office offers us efficient and affordable service.Sarathea Jordaan - CFOSSG Facilities
We started working with Green Office to gain greater control of our print environment and lower our monthly costs, we continued working with them because they delivered on those requirements, and offer us fantastic ongoing support.Shaun Edwards - IT ManagerCedar House
By partnering with Green Office for all our printing needs, I could start focussing on more pressing matters. As a bonus we saw running costs coming down and up-time were never better. Throwing in competitive pricing on new machines and good friendly service, what more can I ask for?Albertus van den Berg - ICT ManagerH G MOLENAAR & CO.
Barloworld Transport partnered with GreenOffice in order to have a single point of support and control over our print and scan use. GreenOffice was instrumental in driving our cost per page for print and scan down.Brett Arnolds - IT ManagerBarloworld Transport
Helping us save time, which saves money.Karen Glover - Creditors AdministratorSt Henry's Marist College
Outstanding service, always there to assist and provide solutions.Richard Witschi - Desktop Support TechnicianBarloworld Transport