Most organisations that haven’t implemented a true Managed Print Services (MPS) solution do not really understand their printing costs today. “Our job is to design, develop and implement a print strategy based on clearly defined projects & measurables.”
“The end goal is to get our clients to print less.”
Print Solution does not allow for any innovation:
- There should be more efficient ways of doing things, but where do I start?
- No visibility on wastage in the company.
- Can’t pin point where teams are losing time or being generally unproductive due to admin issues.
- I know I have too many devices, but I don’t know how to reduce the fleet.
- How do you improve operational efficiencies?
Downtime and the cost thereof – the service should be much better!
- No proactive monitoring of the print fleet to reduce downtime.
- IT resources are spending too much time on print related items.
- No buffer stock or management of stock on site for print fleet.
Vendors, Contracts and Costs that are unmanaged.
- Too many vendors with no visibility on contracts / costs.
- Different pricing on devices which makes reconciliation very difficult.
- Signed bad contract and don’t know how to contain costs until the period has lapsed.
- Users are abusing print – don’t know how to manage it.
What is MPS?
Managed Print Services (MPS) encompass a number of different aspects all working together to monitor, manage and streamline a business’ document environment.
Roadmap to Success
- Thorough print assessment to understand ‘as-is’ compared to ‘to-be’ print environment.
- Include all output devices.
- Calculation of Total Cost of Print Environment.
Centralised and Improved Service Delivery
- One point of contact.
- Green Office manages all calls.
- Detailed analysis and control.
- Detailed data to drive change.
- Understanding of user processes and how to improve it.
- Sufficient training and supporting material to ensure optimal use of hardware and software.
Cutting Edge Software
- Proactive Device / Asset Management tools to reduce downtime.
- Monitor and report on all aspects of user behaviour and print outputs.
- Policy deployment for better user management.
- Detailed tracking and reporting.
- Cost savings.
- Time savings.
Business Process Optimisation
- Innovative document management.
- Safe document storage.
- Optimising use of existing technology.
- Understanding business processes and where innovation is required.
Benefits of Managed Print Services
Moving to a managed print services model has a generous return on investment, even though some of the benefits are hidden from view until a thorough analysis has been done.
While reducing costs is top of mind for almost every organisation, managed print services offers many additional benefits outside of cost savings. By removing unnecessary processes and streamlining others, we bring savings in resource allocation by reducing and standardising your hardware fleet, consolidating vendors, reducing print volumes, improving document security and adding control.
Once we are aligned with our clients’ needs, our implementation process enables us to introduce long-term strategic interventions such as:
- Management of existing vendors
- Optimising existing equipment
- Prevention of unnecessary new equipment
- Bespoke software & technology
- Enhancing business processes
- Staff training
Our unique assessment process enables us to determine:
- The total number of devices on-site
- Device fleet capacity & utilisation
- Remaining life span of device fleet
- Device paper usage
- Areas of inefficiency driving costs up
- A detailed analysis of all existing contract information
- Full solution cost recommendations
Our MPS Partners
Dimension Data and Green Office formed a partnership in 2012 whereby Green Office provides a Managed Print Service in collaboration with Dimension Data. This “white-labelled” service is called ‘DDMPS’ (Dimension Data Managed Print Services), focussing on the management of print and document environments for select corporate clients.
As recognised leaders in MPS, Green Office provides the intellectual property, consulting expertise and human capital to support the ongoing operational management of MPS solutions, complimenting Dimension Data’s skills and expertise to ensure that the client receives an end-to-end managed service. The Green Office team is fully integrated with Dimension Data’s ways of working, to ensure that the services rendered are aligned with Dimension Data’s high standards.
- Murray & Roberts
- Lenmed Health
- Spur Group
When implementing a new process / technology it is important to take process owners, users and stakeholders on a systematic journey, including:
- Documenting and defining the existing process
- Establishing a case or cases for change
- Defining and documenting the new desired process
- Identifying the real-world changes and their impact on employees and customers alike
This ensures that stakeholders are involved and committed to the change and any risks and opportunities for supporting the change are accurately defined and incorporated into change management efforts.
What our clients have to say about our Managed Print Services
Green Office simply makes Managed Print Services a far less painful experience from what the industry standard is.Christi De Vos - ICT ManagerStefanutti Stocks Construction & Mining Business Unit
We use Green Office because of their efficient service and the reliable advice received.Susan Rossouw - BursarWaterkloof House Preparatory School
Green Office offers us efficient and affordable service.Sarathea Jordaan - CFOSSG Facilities
We started working with Green Office to gain greater control of our print environment and lower our monthly costs, we continued working with them because they delivered on those requirements, and offer us fantastic ongoing support.Shaun Edwards - IT ManagerCedar House
Barloworld Transport partnered with Green Office in order to have a single point of support and control over our print and scan use. Green Office was instrumental in driving our cost per page for print and scan down.Brett Arnolds - IT ManagerBarloworld Transport
Helping us save time, which saves money.Karen Glover - Creditors AdministratorSt Henry's Marist College
Green Office, our friendly partner in print and paperless solutions, saving time and money. Being a Green Office client, gives US the peace of mind to be able to focus on OUR clients. Green Office takes the worry out of print solutions, giving us peace of mind.Warren Johansson - Head of FacilitiesIgnition Group
Great Service, Trustworthy and Cost Effective.Zain Khan- Information Systems ManagerBidvest Tank Terminals
Outstanding service, always there to assist and provide solutions.Richard Witschi - Desktop Support TechnicianBarloworld Transport